A colleague of mine recently gave me a data challenge called the Hanukkah of Data (https://hanukkah.bluebird.sh/about/) which has 8 challenges. I decided to try them out in DataDistillr. The challenges use a fictional data set which consists of four tables: a customer table, a product table, an order table and a table linking orders to products. The data was very representative of what a customer database might look like. I did, however make some modifications to the data to facilitate querying. The address line was not split up into city, state, zip. So I imported this data into a database, and then split these fields up into separate columns.
Overall, this was a really well done challenge and my compliments to the authors.
If you choose to read beyond this point, it will have my answers so if you want to try it yourself, stop right here. I warned you… Really … go no further.Leave a Comment