The Apache Drill PMC is pleased to announce a milestone release of Apache Drill. Since the last release of Drill the team has been hard at work quashing bugs and making overall functionality improvements. The TL;DR includes the following:
- New connectors including Apache Iceberg, Delta Lake, Microsoft Access, GoogleSheets, and Box
- Efficient cross-cloud query capability
- Greatly improved access controls to include user translation support for all storage plugins
- Greatly improved query planning and implicit casting.
- New BI-focused SQL operators including
- New functions for computing regression lines and trends.
- New and updated date manipulation functions.
Overall, Drill 1.21 is much more capable and stable than previous versions.